Tuesday, April 14, 2015

fuck that, imma fly

i'm on stage with modern dancers and singers and we are performing a meditative tune to a dark auditorium.  the next performer takes the mic and i flirt with participating, staying mostly in the wing stage-right.  --it's in between songs and everyone on stage seems to be holding a pipe or a bag of weed.  This dream is boring...on to another


I come to visit you because I know you'll be waiting for me.  You're outside with your coffee.  A white car approaches down the long wooded drive.  They shoot at us and I deflect the bullets back.  "What was that about?"  I ask.  "They must have it in for me" you say, shrugging.  The gun men return and i deflect their bullets again pull the trigger myself a few times with my mind just to scare them-- "you heard those extra gunshots? the ones that made them squeal?  I did that,"  I tell you.-- When they head off I start researching deflection spells to use on guns or bullets, just wanna know what my options are.  The chair next to you swivels around and a women is sitting in it.  "who is this?" I ask like she's not there "Oh, this is arielle, she's my girlfriend, totally saved my life this morning"  and instagram confirms.  So i get up and leave.  An annoyed, "i was just kidding" catches up to me, but i'm already jumping up to fly away.

 Once I make it through the arms of the trees i am greeted by the most beautiful river scene.  the summer-ish storm clouds are lush and i lay on my belly to look down at the roots growing in and through and around the water.  It feels how I used to dream about the east river, with the city on the other side, but this time, the other side is a dark, natural landscaped blurr.  I feel at ease.  I feel comfortable with myself.  I dip down in a city town that feels like greenpoint, bk but is really somewhere out in the country that is really somewhere here in atlanta.  I think for a second I'll come back to see how you are, but decide you've who you want to protect you now and it's not me.  So i try and fly again, get tangled in the powerlines. fear of my phone dying in waking life takes me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment