Friday, February 10, 2017

smooth sand paths
ochre golden with blue puddles
i wade as they grow gradual deeper.
thorns impail the bottoms of my feet then bruise around the wound
i lean against a rock and pull them out slowly

i am near a family but alone, not wondering what they think of this
the kids feet are unscathed because they don't walk along the bottom
the water is deeper in the pale yellow sand.  i'm actually enjoying the sunlight
baby turtles are hatching and full shells are unharmed underwater.
i am smiling on the rocks
big turtles gather and small ones latch hook noselip to my calves


we are meeting in the coffee shop now you are no longer my real friend but we are more than ever friends, i told you you are both done to me but we've both just begun.  i will die alone here and I am fine.  All i've ever wanted to do is give myself a voice and that's all i need. please stay away from my body please stay away from my body.  i drink the coffee you buy me which turns out to be blood

him and i collect guitars along the road
secret markets threatened and titled resistance
they're making their way farther down the highway with blocks
this trip we are on, not sure if it's a trap
we switch seats on the plane to sit next to one another, but there's a couple marked by the marker's eye.  one part yono, the other cult murder following.  we keep our arms off the armrest to not appear as lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment