Tuesday, April 13, 2010

bloody sunday

i am fixing her sunday shoes, she slips, kicks me in the face and breaks my nose.

I am bloody and late for service. a brunette woman drags me out by the arm, says i don't belong. I say i was the first one here didn't you see? my nose got broke, i left to clean up. She says you obviously have no respect. i say please don't touch me. she pushes me faster towards the door. i say, please do not touch me. she hits me. this is assault. i tell her so. she says you are not a christian. i say this is true, but i am a woman of good will and virtue. she laughs psychotically in my face. she drags me towards an office. i say i will not fight you back, but i dont see the good in what you are doing. christ would show me mercy. she says you know nothing of christ. i threaten to call the cops. i plead with a blonde woman to control her. she seems sympathetic. but once my back is turned she begins to cut my clothes away with the scissors in her hand. the two push me back out into the lobby.

i do not fight back.
to prove my virtue.

she cuts away. the brunette digs her nails into my forehead and scratches away at my skin. blood comes down my face. i cover myself. i beg to the crowd of people in the lobby to help me, ask if they agree with what is happening. they shake their heads no. i plead with them to call the police. no one does. they all know they should.


they have me on the floor. they pull and push and scratch at my skin. call me a heathen, a satanist. mock me for titling myself virtuous. hit me for saying i respect jesus. they scrape my skin with the scissors. say 'i wonder what she looks like on the inside. witches don't bleed red.'

i am bleeding all over their carpet and it is red. i fear for my life. i weaken and make myself shout something about seeing the lord, about truly understanding him. i go limp on my belly and shout i am saved i am saved i am saved!

their hollering turns to laughter, ecstatic and shrill. they pull my head up of the ground by my hair then let it drop back down. they take the scissors and scrape down the center of my scalp. slowly at first, then dig deeper and deeper. someone cuts off a large piece of my hair. i grimace and weep. they all begin taking chunks and more chunks and cutting into my scalp.
swarming around me like some sort of bugs.
they are the witches.

No comments:

Post a Comment