Thursday, March 4, 2010

poor girl

in my room birds gather at my feet. i step carefully to not hurt them. i let them out into the hall.

chelsea lets people in from a sofa in the other room. she is watching t.v. i am waiting for you. someone kisses me not long enough. his girlfriend sits at his side and waits patiently. he was supposed to be you, and i know you will not come.


earlier i tried to find you at a fair, but all my signal signs were mimicked in the air. the powers that be said wait. i wore a lucky penny embedded in glass around my neck. a dainty girl helped me read an inscription with the magnifying glass she wore around hers. saint agnes and the alps etched on either side. it was a locket.

i found you playing in a vaudeville show. i sat in front in a large velvet sofa chair. your costuming was obscene and beautiful. girls danced all around you. you had no need for me. i decided not to come up to you after the show

1 comment: